Unwanted hair on the body is a huge problem; the more you try to remove them, the more they keep growing.
Instead of using traditional razors or hair removal creams, giving an instant solution with a laser hair removal treatment will always work.
Laser hair removal might be intimidating. Of course, it helps get rid of all unwanted hair better than the traditional ways, but it is also an advanced technique that might not work immediately but will show good results with Time.
What Is A Laser Hair Removal Technique?
As the name suggests, a laser hair removal treatment uses a laser that emits a light that gets absorbed by the hair pigment. The light is converted to heat, which further damages the tube-shaped sacs within the hair follicles responsible for growing hair. This damage ceases or delays future hair growth.
Multiple laser hair removal treatment sessions for initial hair removal and maintenance treatments might also be needed.
Laser hair removal is most effective for light skin and dark hair. However, it can be successfully used on all skin types.
Although laser hair removal effectively delays hair growth for long periods, it usually is a temporary result that does not give permanent hair removal. It might take a lot of Time to get the hair removed permanently.
Why Is The Laser Hair Removal Technique So Famous?
The treatment caught the instant attention of many users who were searching for some technique that would reduce hair growth.
Standard treatment on your body can be on your legs, armpits, upper lip, chin, and bikini line.
But just a gentle reminder that it is possible to treat unwanted hair in nearly any area except the eyelid or surrounding area with the help of laser hair removal techniques.
While different light-based technologies are used to remove hair, all treatments are alike. During a treatment session, bright light flashes are emitted onto the unwanted hair. The light penetrates through the skin and selectively targets the melanin in the hair follicles. The pigment absorbs the light energy, effectively destroying the hair. Depending on the handpiece’s size, multiple hairs can be treated simultaneously.
Advantages Of Laser Hair Removal
- Lasers mainly target dark and coarse hair while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Each pulse of the laser technique takes just about a second to work and can treat many of your hair simultaneously.
- The laser works fast and can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second.
- Small areas, such as the upper lip, can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
- Most patients have permanent hair loss after an average of three to seven sessions
- You’ll Save Money in the Long Run
- You will Eliminate Ingrown Hair
- It Saves Time and effort of traditional hair removal techniques
- It takes 6-9 sessions, you can expect optimal results, and the treatment is performed once a month, which does not put much pressure on you.
Disadvantages Of Laser Hair Removal Technique
- Although hair removal is a smooth process, it doesn’t give a permanent solution.
- It is just a temporary solution for your hair removal
- It might have some side effects depending on your skin type. However, consulting a doctor is any time the best option.
- Laser hair removal is less effective for colored hair as they don’t absorb light well. Gray, red, blond, and white colors cannot absorb light.