Microdermabrasion is one of the most modern medical inventions for reversing multiple of skin problems including aging issues. It is a non-invasive procedure that uses microcrystals or solutions to eliminate the outermost layer of dead or damaged skin cells stimulating fresher and healthier-looking skin. In this skin treatment process, new primary layers of skin cells that contain higher levels of collagen and elastin are formed. This improves the skin looks to a great extent.
Microdermabrasion is a modern and cosmetic procedure that can even be performed by non-physician personnel like medical assistants or nurses. Unlike the Dermabrasion which is non-invasive and painful, Microdermabrasion is done with the objective of reducing skin scars or imperfections. Microdermabrasion is a light cosmetic process, which uses a mechanical medium to remove the dead cells from the outermost skin layers. This treatment process can be performed at home and is easy, painless and simple. During this process, a stream of micro aluminium oxide crystals is passed through affected areas on the skin. Then, a suction is done to remove that crystals which come out along with dead and damaged cells. It solves many common types of skin problems like wrinkles, fine lines, and scar marks due to pimples or other types of rashes.
Amazing Benefits of Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion provides multiple benefits to men and women of all ages with common skin problems as stated before. Let’s have a look at its 9 most amazing benefits:
The process is non-invasive, implying that it does not require skin operations. Since it is non-invasive it can be carried out by nurses or medical assistants. The process is light, and it is a pain-free way to get rid of dead cells on the outer layers of the skin. The process helps to reduce scars and skin imperfections.
- The treatment is done with the help of a manually controlled device.
- The treatment is done only on the upper surface of the skin called epidermis.
- Small skin friendly crystals are sent to exfoliate the skin nicely.
- The skin is not wounded in any way.
Microdermabrasion is a painless procedure. There is no anaesthesia required in the process. The skin may be slightly swollen after the completion of the process, but this does not last long. In most of the cases, the skin looks normal within 24 hours. After the treatment, the dermatologist applies a soothing layer of moisturizer and that protects the skin from the sun.
- Microdermabrasion is painless.
- No anaesthesia is required in the process.
- A soothing layer of moisturizer is applied after the treatment process and this soothing layer protects the skin from the sun’s rays and pollution.
The process of microdermabrasion is really quick. Generally, treatment on the face takes 30-45 minutes while in the neck it takes just 20-30 minutes. However, there are a few aspects worth mentioning:
- It is the quickest, non-invasive process to get rid of scars or any other minor skin imperfections.
- The process is fairly simple, is free from hassles and helps to get rid of scars or skin imperfections.
- After the treatment, the skin may appear a bit pink or swollen, but it lasts for only a day.
One Treatment for All Skin Types
Microdermabrasion is effective for every skin type – dry, oily, or normal. Irrespective of the type of your skin the process helps to get rid of the skin imperfections easily. Microdermabrasion is an effective method to get rid of facial as well as body skin imperfections. It is a smooth, prompt and non-invasive way to get rid of dead skin cells on the upper layer of the skin. Some skin problems that it can treat well are as follows:
- Wrinkles and fine lines that mostly occur after a certain age.
- Scar marks due to any other skin problems like pimples and acne.
- Damage to the skin due to overexposure to the sun or polluted environment.
- Common types of discoloration of the skin.
- Age spots that may occur all over the face and other parts of the body after 50-55 years.
Get rid of fine lines
Fine lines and wrinkles can be nicely treated with microdermabrasion. The treatment is done in the following manner:
- At first, the dead cells are removed from the epidermis layer of the skin.
- The treatment then applies a procedure that stimulates the skin’s natural ability to enhance collagen production.
- The procedure also helps to enhance the production of new cells.
With the removal of dead cells from the skin, new cells start replacing them along with increased production of collagen. Thus, fine lines and wrinkles vanish quickly.
No scars from Acne
Scars are skin imperfections often caused because of the presence of dead cells on the epidermal layer. Microdermabrasion is an effective process to get rid of skin scars by removing the dead cells on the skin surface. The process helps to make the skin smooth and attractive and that too in a non-invasive manner.
Rosacea is a chronic skin disease similar to acne and it is very difficult to cure. However, with Microdermabrasion, it is possible to get rid of the disease. The treatment process removes the dead cells from the skin surface and it helps to smoothen the skin and that too in a non-invasive manner.
For skin all over your body
Microdermabrasion is not just to treat the facial skin, but it is useful to treat imperfections of the entire body skin. The process uses fine particle-free diamond tips as well as particle-free bristle tips to get rid of skin imperfections.
Safe & real effects
Microdermabrasion is extremely safe and effective. It doesn’t possess any side-effects. Here are some other interesting aspects of microdermabrasion that proof that it is really safe:
- The process takes minimum time
- It is non-invasive which means no major skin operation takes place
- The process is not at all painful, as such the procedure does not require any anaesthesia
- All types of common skin problems are solved quickly and permanently